- 1 lb lean ground turkey thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups medium fresh zucchini sliced into half circles (3-4 )
- fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- Prepare the quinoa according to package instructions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, add the ground turkey, salt, pepper, onion, and garlic to a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Stir while cooking for about 5-8 minutes, until the meat is browned.
- Stir in the salsa and cumin.
- Stir in the sliced zucchini. Simmer an additional 5-10 minutes until the zucchini is just softened but not mushy.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro just before serving.
- Serve over the quinoa.